Support for professional qualifications
We may pay for a qualification or training that exceeds the annual £1,000 individual learning and development allowance, when that course is relevant and helpful to both dxw and the individual. This is a benefit that comes into effect once you have passed your probationary period.
We will agree to pay on the understanding that if you leave dxw, you may be liable to repay some, or all, of the fees and expenses incurred.
Other than in exceptional circumstances, which will be decided at the Directors’ discretion, you will be required to repay dxw if you leave the company:
- before you attend the course, you will repay 100% of the costs that dxw cannot recover from the course provider.
- during the course or within 9 months of completing it, you will repay 75% of the costs.
- more than 9 months and no more than 12 months after completing the course, you will repay 50% of the costs.
- more than 12 months after completing the course, no repayment will be required.
We appreciate that these percentages won’t always work given the length of the qualification, so the final percentage will be at the discretion of the Directors and will be agreed with the individual before approval of the course.
You will not be required to repay any costs in the following circumstances:
- compulsory or voluntary redundancy
- retirement due to sickness
Please complete The Employee Professional Qualification Agreement form and speak to your line manager or the Head of People if you would like support from dxw to complete a professional qualification.
Last updated: 9 May 2023 (history)