Working from overseas policy
dxw is a UK-based business, with staff working from locations around the UK.
We don’t support overseas employment unless exceptional circumstances apply. This is because there are usually significant overheads involved in complying with local employment laws, registering for and paying the relevant taxes.
If you believe there are exceptional circumstances, a request can be made for consideration via your line manager. All decisions must be made by a Director.
We will take the following factors into account for any cases we consider.
The legal framework for a decision:
- the individual’s right to work in a particular location
- the employer’s obligation to comply with the relevant country’s employment laws, and how complex and costly that is to achieve
- the employer’s obligation to comply with the relevant country’s taxation rules, and how complex and costly that is to achieve
Operational challenges we need to be comfortable with:
- management of time zones
- management of a fully remote team member
- client and contractual procurement needs
- the requirements of the role
We would expect individuals to meet any costs (travel, internet, equipment etc) associated with their working overseas.
dxw will always retain the right to ask you to return to the UK for work with suitable notice, in line with our employment contract.
Last updated: 9 May 2023 (history)